Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Sweet Potato Baby Cracker

Hello! I haven't posted in quite some time (sorry about that!). I'm excited to share this baby cracker recipe. Liam absolutely loves them! I love that they are so healthy, easy, and close to zero-waste!

So, this was an experiment. I used a brown rice flour (but you could use regular or whole wheat).

1 cup brown rice flour
1/2 banana (mashed)
1 medium sized sweet potato
2 tsp baking powder
3 tbsp water (approximate-add as needed to make a dough)

Cook and mash sweet potato. Mix all ingredients. roll out dough and cut with fun shapes (or use a cup to make a circle). Bake on a cookie sheet (I greased mine with a little coconut oil) at 350° for 5 minutes,  flip over and bake for another 5-7 minutes.

Baked sweet potato cracker

So you may be wondering, "how are those "zero-waste"?". Well, the paper bags that flour comes in are compostable along with the produce scraps, and the can that the baking powder comes in is recyclable. 

One of my favorite things about this zero-waste journey is how it has transformed our eating habits as a family. Eliminating packaged foods has resulted in us eating more veggies and no more processed junk (not that we ate much of that anyways). I love knowing exactly what is going into my little guys belly!

If you have any questions, feel free to ask away!

No comments:

Post a Comment